Friday, September 23, 2005

Shameless Plug: Are You Connected?

The fact is, if you're a gun owner and you're not on the Internet, you are not informed, no matter how strong your opinions. You simply can't be.
I don't need to tell you that, because obviously you're reading this on your monitor. But not all subscribers to gun magazines have made the transition.

"Are You Connected" is my Rights Watch column for the November issue of GUNS Magazine, on sale now at well-connected newsstands throughout the Republic.

Also in this issue: My review of Matthew Bracken's thrilling liberty page-turner, "Enemies Foreign and Domestic." It's a good one and you should order your own copy.

BONUS: See page 68 of this issue to find out how you can win the ADCO Diamond Double 12-Gauge, 2 3/4" Side-by-Side, exposed hammer coach gun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a net denizen, I demand a link to the article!


-SayUncle

Anonymous said...

Or at least access to the text :)

-SayUncle

David Codrea said...

Uncle--note no tip jar or blog ads.

Can't a poor struggling gun writer feed his family via a magazine that provides a lot of value for the price?

Besides which, I'd be violating contract Ts and Cs if I posted it, as FMG Publications buys all copyrights.

Btw--thank you--this article came out after our correspondence in re gun mags and blogs, so while it doesn't cover everything we discussed, that exchange definitely was one of the catalysts that persuaded me to write about this--so yeah, later today I'll shoot the text over to you with the understanding that it's not to be disseminated, OK?

Everyone else--why not check out the magazine at your local rack? If they don't have it, throw a tantrum and threaten boycott. Then, write a letter to the editor telling him Codrea deserves a raise.

Anonymous said...

Heh. Will do. I was just curious about the content :)

I will not disseminate but I figured our correspondence may have lead to it, hence my interest. BTW, I wrote about it a while back and published it on our local newspaper's blog during my guest stint:

http://www.saysuncle.com/archives/2005/06/08/blogs_and_magazines/

-SayUncle

Anonymous said...

oh and make sure it goes to my new email address:

sayuncle at gmail dot com