Thursday, October 18, 2007

On Shaky "Higher Ground"

A couple weeks ago, my boyfriend told me something that nearly brought me to tears.

"I bought a gun," he said.

Dude, I hope for your sake you're not considering marrying this silly little girl.

She starts to halfway get things right, but keeps reverting to inanities and hysteria. Why the proto-"authorized journalists" at The Teen Titan perceive this bipolar train of cognitive dissonance to be worth five pages is anybody's guess--probably because the ovine "thought" processes on display here mirror their own...

Which part of Europe did you say you were from, again, Aleksandra...?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just the other day, my wife said something that brought tears to my eyes as well. She told me she would carry her gun on a much more regular basis. These tears are tears of JOY of course! What a great feeling.

Kent McManigal said...

"Silly"? You are being much too gentle. This girl is stupid. It is good that the boyfriend found out before it was too late. He can go find a strong, intelligent girl now.

Kent McManigal said...

I posted a comment on the article, pointing out that she was showing the same irrational fears that she claimed caused Americans to want guns, but hers was making her call for controlling others instead of changing her own behavior. The comment was only there for a few minutes before it was deleted.

Ken said...

It seems to be there now (10:00 EDT), Kent. Perhaps they thought better of it.

Anonymous said...

My comment hasn't shown up yet, either. Maybe the views of a now-armed and trained rape survivor are too much for their delicate sensibilities.

I'd be worse than useless to hand-hold timid women afraid of guns. They disgust me too much.

Drew said...

Y'know, not only is the article poorly reasoned, it is full of grammatical mistakes. One gem: "If you condone an action, then don't do the same thing to others."
Last I checked, to condone an action meant to approve of it. Don't do unto others as you'd have them do unto you, then.

Also of note: "And gun dealers should be upheld to the gun laws that they break." Huh?

Her logic, of course, is worse: she also says that people allowed to buy guns should be properly trained, but that bullets should be restricted, because you should almost never need them. She's a complere idiot.