Friday, November 09, 2007

GOP Loyalists to Paulites: Be Civil

I'm not talking about people who simply support Ron Paul. I'm talking about the aggressive network of online fans who bombard discussion boards, spam web sites, flood online polls, and behave in a manner that puts their candidate in an extremely bad light. These so-called supporters not only hurt the Republican Party overall, but they also hurt their candidate.
Yeah, I guess every movement has its screaming zealots. But from where I sit, the most uncivil, hostile and downright irrational behavior has been coming from those who would stand to benefit the most from a principled Constitutionalist presidential candidate. Hence the dismissive term "Paulbots," as if we're all a bunch of glazed-eye Moonies, racists, crazed conspiracists and suicidal foreign policy retards. The insults, the lies, the flat-out hatred and even death wishes I've read in recent days from mainstream GOP candidate supporters, all on sites and by people who supposedly support the Second Amendment, have done nothing to persuade me that Paul's opponenents will deserve any less than the government they get after their sabotage of his candidacy is complete.

And note to Bobby Eberle: I've heard "They'll make us all look bad" in relation to 2A absolutists more often than not--and my typical thought is "Not as bad as appeasers." The bottom line is, if Rudy, a proven enemy of personal defense rights is the pick, GOPUSA and all the other Republican-firsters will fall in lockstep with the program. As such, I could not care less if the party gets hurt. If they want my support, here's a novel idea: earn it. If they're going to impose a fascist on people like me, the party ain't seen hurt yet.

[Via HZ]

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're just afraid we will "Take the power back!"

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Does "being civil" require us to not mention this in discussions about the leading candidate for the Republican nomination? How about this?

Anonymous said...

Nothing will piss me off more than the limp-wristed fools who cry about "looking bad" because...*gasp*..we ACTUALLY stand for something.

Worthless pawns.

Then we have our enemies also criticizing our tactics
as to be a liability to us. LOL. Yeah, listen to your enemy's idea of how we should act.

But the sheep in our ranks still fall for it.

I've had it. It's all BS at this point. I am voting for Ron, he's the ONLY candidate who is not a mindless, PC drone.

So you party/neocon bots can cry, pout, and snicker all you want about how it's not "realistic", how evil the Hillary is, etc.. You people are the beyond worthless. You are the weakness that has given us the big-gov't you feared so badly...you compromise, compromise, compromise. Now it's to the point where you can't see the difference between either party. The pigs and the humans look identical.(Animal Farm reference)


C.H.

Anonymous said...

I aint voting no "lesser evil".

If the gop wants to put up guliani and try to bully us into voting for him I say - go to hell, vote Paul as a write in or third party, let hitlery win and bring on the civil war now.

I am voting principle over lesser evil or more of the same BS

Rudy supporters - Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining

Fight islam Now

Anonymous said...

Yep, if they choose to nominate Rudy or Mitt, lets press for an RP third party and teach the Republicrats a lesson.

Brent said...

I agree with the sentiment here. I will not vote for Rudy McRomney. I am voting for Ron Paul in the general election regardless, whether I have to write him in or vote third party.

I consider myself to be a part of the Republican base, but the Republican elites are trying to sell us out. This is our party, this is our country, and we are taking it back. How is that for civil?

Anonymous said...

I had high hopes for Fred Thompson.
Where is he and what has he been doing? Is MSM exluding him from it's coverage of candidates?
With that in mind, Ron Paul is looking better and better with each passing day.
In the mean time, keep stocking up on ammo............serious ammo!

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Where is he and what has he been doing? Is MSM exluding him from it's coverage of candidates?

I'm not convinced it's a matter of the MSM ignoring Thompsom as it is that he's running his campaign as if he isn't all that interested in winning.

Just my impression.