Sunday, March 02, 2008

The Bases Are Loaded

Scott told of one situation several years back when he was at a Houston gas station and was confronted by a man carrying a shank.

"I didn't pull my gun on him," Scott said. "I would have if he had gotten close enough, and I would have shot him if he wouldn't have backed off. But all I had to do was lift up my shirt and put my hand on [the gun] and I said, 'Can I help you?' He stopped in his tracks.

I could argue with some of the things brought up, but on the whole, stories like this help, having personal defense firearms associated with people who are accepted and positively viewed by the public.

Andy McPhail certainly can weasel-word with the best of them...

4 comments:

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Scott said he does not take the gun on road trips or team charters, or into the clubhouse. He is investigating Maryland's firearms laws.

I bet he's not going to be happy about those. Whatever else he thinks about the trade, going from Texas to Maryland is definitely not a move up, in terms of firearm freedoms.

I hear Maryland doesn't issue CCW permits to anyone who hits lower than .270 or so.

Fits said...

Hurriedly skimming I read it as "carrying a skank" and said, ah hell, who *isn't* backing Hillary lately?

GUNNY said...

Maryland does have some of the worst gun laws in the country, yet we still go shooting regularly, hunting,too. We are trying to change things with such legislation as Castle Doctrine and concealed carry. Also, the emergency powers act is in the news. Hopefully we can pass these laws, if not now, then soon. Support us if you can. Not all Marylanders are fools.

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Gunny, I may have come across as sounding critical of every gun owner in Maryland. Being an Illinois resident, that would be more than a little ridiculous of me.

Keep fighting the good fight.