Tuesday, March 11, 2008

We're the Only Ones...

...Shooting Ourself in the Foot Enough
The officer was shot in the foot by his own weapon, according to police. The shooting happened...
Shoot happens?

...Not Going to the Dogs Enough
A 20 year veteran of the Miami police force has been charged with animal cruelty in connection with the death of his K9 partner who starved to death.
I thought if anyone killed a K-9, they treated it like killing an officer...?

...Copping a Feel Enough
The officer had mistakenly slapped the behind of a woman in Vilan's group, Puma said, thinking it was someone he knew. Puma said it was a mistake and the officer apologized.

But Nicole Kitley, a friend of Vilan's, said it didn't happen quite like that.

"He slapped me really hard," she said, and when she turned around, "He said, 'Oh, I thought you were my sister.'"

"I could tell he was very drunk," she said, adding the officer did not apologize....

The officer drew his gun and fired what witnesses estimated at five to eight shots.
What, you don't slap your sister on the be-hind at bars and then end up shooting people?

...Kuffing Kiddies Enough
The parents of two Bronx preschoolers are suing the city, charging that their kids were tossed out of class - and handcuffed by a school-safety officer - for refusing to take a nap.
I used to cuff my kids all the time too when they were that age.
[Via DONE! SEO]


One of these days, I'm going to be able to get done posting without a bunch of "Only Ones" stories falling into my lap. I repeat myself--honest--I do not go out looking for these.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad those poor children didn't get tased.

Anonymous said...

When my kids were little we used to play a game that sent them into fits of giggles. They sat on my knees, I would hold their forearms and poke them in the cheeks, ribs and tummies with their own fists, all the while asking: "Why are you hitting yourself? What's the matter with you?"

To the guy on a cop blog who accused me of cop bashing for linking to David's Only Ones stories, I said: "Why are you cops hitting yourselves? What's the matter with you?"

You just can't make this **** up.

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with cop bashing?

Kent McManigal said...

We aren't allowed to criticize these goons, because they are only doing their jobs; there would be chaos without them to shoot us if we act up; there might be some bad apples but most of them are sweet little boy scouts; etc. etc. etc.

Anonymous said...

Now, that first one...didn't Lee Paige get laughed off the force? Or is he back? ;o)

And I presume your "cuffed" has a different meaning than their "cuffed".

Anonymous said...

"The officer was shot in the foot by his own weapon..."

Apparently, the weapon needed more training.