Saturday, April 05, 2008

Cavalry Arms Update: Taping the Halves Together

At that time the inspector submitted the two halves of the receiver to Firearms Technology Branch. Firearms Technology Branch determined the two halves were a gun as soon as they were in the same location because someone could tape them together and make a firearm that fired at least one round.
First they tell them they can, then they tell them they can't. Then they monitor activities so they know nothing is being hidden, then they raid them for a violation. Jed has the story, direct from AR15.com.

Destroy someone over a technicality they created. Typical for these mutant apes.

So, according to their standard, would anyone possessing a length of pipe, a hammer and a .22 round be guilty of illegal firearms manufacture and possession? I wouldn't want to try it, but I'll bet you could make that meet the criteria, that is, fire "at least one round," and I'll bet it would be a whole lot safer than taping two receiver halves together (what kind of moron would try that?) Heck, a cartridge in a campfire is all you need.

BATFU, under "Maximum Mike" Sullivan and the "Vote Freedom First President" may be out of control with incompetence, but I think the evidence points toward them being drunk on authority, hungry for more, and steeped in hatred and lust for vengeance.

I think the slavering jackals can just about taste the power boost they'll get with a democrat win in November. I think they're so excited they are peeing down their legs.

Sociopaths like these will not back down unless someone makes them. I've been trying to use "the system" to do so, that is, by giving exposure to their thuggery to create public pressure to rein them in, and also by writing my legislators.

I just got back the standard "As you may be aware, President Bush nominated Michael Sullivan" form letter from that dolt George Voinovich. Yeah, no sh**, Georgie-Boy, that's why I wrote you, you dithering "moderate republican" moron.

Unless more gun owners realize the seriousness of this and get involved, the pressure will simply not be there to make them back off--while at the same time, the squeezing from BATFU will increase.

I fear the efforts of people like me to resolve this through the First Amendment are doomed to fail. Which means I fear a reaction from someone who is tired of being pushed based on frustration and anger.

I fear that will provide a convenient excuse for a crushing response. And I fear that's exactly what the malevolent intelligences directing the meathead thugs are counting on.

What I fear most is that "our side" will decide the right prescription for that is more "pragmatism."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The co-location bugaboo has been rattling around for a long time, as I'm sure you're aware. Other than why such regulations exists in the first place, the main problem is that there doesn't appear to be any consistency in how this is applied. There was some discomfort surrounding long barrels and buttstocks for the Thompson Contender, and more recently with the AR15 pistol configuration.

IIRC, ATF issued an opinion on the Thompson, maybe on the AR as well, that as long as you don't assemble the pieces of a modular system into an illegal firearm, you're okay having the parts around.

Then there was the case a while back about the guy with a small machine shop in his basement.

Anonymous said...

I promise not to be pragmatic, I leave that to unmen.

GunRights4US said...

No pragmatism here. None whatsoever. I only deal in absolutism.

loose cannon said...

This is not suprising, considering that that a receiver alone is considered a firearm and a shoestring is a machinegun.