Saturday, April 05, 2008

The Great Greensburg Gun Grab

I would like to start this report by noting that I have personally spoke with several sources who were directly involved in the incidents that I am about to report that took place in Greensburg, KS in the aftermath of the horrible CAT 5 tornado that ravaged and destroyed that town. I will not be divulging their names in this article as they have requested I not do so...

Guns and ammunition that were collected were taken to a trailer and an ATF agent manned the trailer. When people first came to collect their guns they were asked for proof of ownership such as receipts and serial number lists and they had to fill out a 4473 and get a NICS approval before they could claim their guns. No one had paperwork, receipts, or lists of serial numbers because it had all blown away.
I have not investigated any of this and offer it as raw information.

Here's what the "Authorized Journalists" have to say about it.

I have not investigated their claims, either. But if what they say about the Secret Service is true, that's inexcusable.

[Via Dave Licht]

2 comments:

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

Chinn said Secret Service agents actually told him he'd returned guns too quickly.

"They told me, 'Your timing stinks. The president is coming. We don't want you handing out weapons with the president walking around,' " he said. "I felt stupid. We delayed it one more day."


That would be the "Vote Freedom First" president's detail. Sure wish I could say I was shocked.

Anonymous said...

McCormack is childish in his reasoning, how do idiots get published?