Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mentalidad Americana

Clara imagen de la mentalidad temerosa y agresiva americana.

Yeah, that's us, fearful and aggressive.

It's not like you couldn't figure out it's a joke sign in about 5 seconds on Google. So which is it, Sergio Malagrida Rakosnik? Are you just lazy, or do you maybe have an agenda?

Do you think we should give comment poster "Fontana" the benefit of the doubt for this being a joke as well? (Spanish to English via Inside Europe: Iberian Notes):
I have been told that in some states in the USA, North Carolina, Virginia, and Mississipi (sic), man-hunting exists, they turn loose a prisoner and hunt him like a rabbit, the victims are usually marginalized, generally blacks and Hispanics, and they are hunted like deer, with dogs and big rifles, a lot of money is spent on these hunts, human life in that country is worth nothing.
[From Sam W via MaxedOutMama]

2 comments:

Kent McManigal said...

Years ago, my family knew a family who had recently migrated from Iraq. Before they left their home, they had been warned to not go to Texas because everyone rode horses, carried guns, and would shoot anyone who made them mad. The only thing they knew of Texas was what they had seen on old westerns.

Anonymous said...

When I moved to McKeesport, Pa. in '65 everyone I met asked me if we still had Indian trouble in Oklahoma. After my first attempt at humor, I quit doing that and answered seriously.

The first time I was asked that I was working in a steel mill. I thought the guys were joking so I said "Yeah, my whole family was slaughtered in an Indian raid and our cattle killed or run off, I am only back here long enough to earn enough money to go back and rebuild the ranch."

My God, the outpouring of sympathy I got and they even started to take up a collection. I was almost afraid to tell the truth, which I did, but I felt like an ass.

Never be surprised at how narrow some people's world's are.

After dying twice with a heart attack in '87, my then wife decided that was not a financially secure position for her, so my daughter and I went to Oklahoma where I had family that would take care of her should I go ahead and die. She was ten. She used to come home from school and tell me about the kids asking where she was from, was Ohio in Russia? It was a communist country, right?

We used to laugh about that a lot. Still do, she is now going on 32.

Never be surprised at how narrow some people's worlds are.