Friday, April 11, 2008

Paul's Coming to the Falls

Congressman Ron Paul has announced that he will be coming to Twin Falls, Idaho on April 25th.

I just don't get what for.

For all practical intents and purposes, his race for the presidency is over--the GOP nominee is John McCain, and Paul has stated he will not run third party but will focus on retaining his congressional seat.

I suppose I'll hear about how the movement is bigger than one man and he's building a war chest, but until I see who those other men are, I can't be expected to buy into a speculative investment on unknowns.

If someone starts a Draft Ron Paul movement and he consents I'll get excited again. Even if the object is only to get his message to more people, what's the best way of doing that? By making whistle stops in Idaho or occupying a third lectern in nationally televised debates?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a long shot, but I and other Republican delegates like myself are showing support for Paul as the party nomination process slowly grinds its way towards the national convention. My job is to help send thirty-seven delegates who support Paul from Nevada; here's hoping plenty of others' delegates stay home.