Friday, April 25, 2008

Someone to Watch Over Me

The criminal that can hurt you on the streets near your home.. What is your advice to people about preventing armed criminals near us? I was robbed at gunpoint in Hermosa beach the night before the shooting in El Segundo theather. I was walking at a reasonable hour when a lot of people were out and around. I personally think that we really need to have armed officers not just driving around but walking around the area just to keep them out!
Why does this remind me of John Prine's classic song, "Dear Abby"? Probably just the tone of utter helplessness, the abdication of responsibility and personal choice...

Feel free to advise police state market demand facilitator "Blessed Assurance" if you think it'll make a blessed bit of difference.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that Hermosa Beach is in California, one of the most anti-gun states around. Even though we have a discretionary permit system, it is effectively a "No CCW for you" state.

I know. Carry anyway. Some do, I imagine. But the state's ability (and desire) to ruin a gun owner's life has to be weighed in the balance.

David Codrea said...

I lived in Redondo, right next door, and will never forget of the choices and risks I was forced to make and take.

Anonymous said...

O, yeah. I forgot you lived right next door, David.

Anonymous said...

I made a comment, hope you guys get to enjoy it. It sure allowed me to express some of my feelings on the subject.

Thanks for passing it along so I had the access.

David Codrea said...

Jerry:
"You don't expect someone else to be responsible for your personal hygiene do you?" is absolutely brilliant!

Anonymous said...

:-)
I try. Never made the debate team though.