Friday, April 04, 2008

We're the Only Ones Against Shocking Pictures Enough

Click the title link and just watch this.

Good grief.

The dad even shows how harmless it is when he touches it.

Somebody ought to put Sgt. Jeremeiah Dunn on the stand and grill him on his electrical credentials.

I guess with the dumbing down of schools, they probably don't let the kids feel the effects of van de Graaf generators in science class any more? Hell, I remember participating in a psychology class experiment in college where they intentionally shocked you--something hilariously handled in "Ghost Busters."

Don't tell Sgt. Dunn, but my kids love these stupid things...

Only "The Only Ones" would even contemplate criminal charges. I guess it's less risky than going after...uh, I don't know...uh...criminals?

And as bad as Sgt. Dunn is, the "Authorized Journalist" announcer really makes things sound threatening and dire. You'd think the kid had brought in a vial of anthrax.

Anybody about had it with the utter stupidity yet?

10 comments:

chris horton said...

Clinton Police Dept.

What is it with that name being associated with everything ridiculous?

Check out: "The Dangerous Book for Boys." It has all kinds of really cool gadget stuff in it. I bought one myself.

All the stuff REAL BOYS should know!! Not these imasculated wussies "they" want them to be...

GunRights4US said...

Nanny State psychosis has paralyzed the entire nation!

What idiots!

me said...

Having dropped a disposable camera flash circuit into my lap I'll say this, it hurts. Guess what else. You LEARN not to do it again. Quickly!

This is fucking stupid. I tried to find a better way to phrase that, but I can't seem to find one that's just right.

Anonymous said...

I lived at Clark AFB in the Philippines in 1972. I was 14 at the time. A _very_ common gag item was a package that looked like a hard pack of cigarettes; they had 9 volt battery and an electrical circuit in them that would shock the hell out of you when you opened the pack. Guess that would land you in jail now but we all thought they were pretty funny.

Kent McManigal said...

Since shocking people is "criminal", I guess the enforcers should give up their Tasers.

Anonymous said...

Heck we used to taste 9 volts to see how much charge they had left. No, not a good idea if it is fresh from the factory.

Each year I get a bit more concerned about sending any children I might have off to school since I can't figure out just what the nanny staters will consider too dangerous.

Heck, I remember when you could buy a reasonably decent chemistry kit. I don't think the formula for blackpowder was still in them, but even that was pretty easy to figure out.

Anonymous said...

No real crime here. This is just a bad case of Taser envy on the part of the cops. Sorta like the penis envy the gun-grabbers are always accusing us of having.

Anonymous said...

went to great wolf lodge in canada last yr. in the gift shop was a pen and when you pushed the top down you got zapped. my son handed it to my wife, I can't remember laughing so hard. she let out a shreek and jumped about 3' straight up. I'm gonna go find it now, we bought one!

Anonymous said...

I didn't watch the clip because I can assure the damn camera didn't provide near as much shock as an old style crank telephone. Which some kids would bring to school as a plaything and everybody took a turn. Those things were so powerful that many people fished with them. There are still laws on the books making that illegal. They can stun a hell of a lot of fish, that you just pick out of the water when they float to the top. At least, that's what the big kids said.

Anonymous said...

Heck, my kid tried that years ago, so now he'd go down for 2-5 hard time?

Geez, hope the ubercontrollers don't find the potato projection device!