Saturday, April 26, 2008

We're the Only Ones Getting in Our Licks Enough

The two page complaint was filed April 11th, regarding an incident in late march, when Sheriff Morton allegedly groped and performed oral sex on the woman against her will.
You said a mouthful, sister.

In all seriousness, though, I had doubts about the plausibility of the charges once I read her claim that he "forc[ed] her to get drunk."

I also don't think serious charges ought to be leveled against anyone while shielding the identity of the accuser. I understand the arguments for doing so in rape cases, but still think the danger to freedom must be the paramount consideration. Likewise, I don't believe in withholding the names of minors from news accounts--if the twisted 12-year-old down the street is setting fire to kittens, I think I have a need to know about that.

Anyway, back to this: Something was going on, and I guess the investigation will tell us whether we're dealing with an "Only One" predator or a disgruntled employee.

But there's something fishy here. The story, I mean.

[Via rabid]

No comments: