Friday, April 11, 2008

We're the Only Ones Knock, Knock, Knockin' on Oakland's Doors Enough

A six-month pilot program where Oakland police officers would knock on doors and ask permission to search homes for guns got the green light from the City Council's public safety committee Tuesday night.

So--y'all know where all the hard core gangbanger cribs are?

You're gonna be knocking on those doors first, right, the same ones you'd bring SWAT in on to serve a warrant? 'Cause, like, wouldn't that be where your problems come from?

Oh, but I forgot--they must not be a problem any more. Capt. David A. Kozicky and all his "Only One" police state co-conspirators convinced the California electorate former mayor Jerry Brown did such a crackerjack job pandering to public emplo..uhh..I mean fighting crime, that he deserved the top enforcement slot.

The fascists keep repeating the same failed grasping at straws that never works. I keep thinking maybe someone in their jurisdictions with some influence will notice, but then again, if they do have influence, their interests are already vested.

[Via Plug Nickel Times]

4 comments:

Matt said...

" from the City Council's public safety committee Tuesday night."

Safety committee? John Hancock and Sam Adams are rolling in their graves right now...

David Codrea said...

I think they meant "Committee of Public Safety," Matt.

Matt said...

Oh, I see, thanks for clearing that up. Frankly, I'd never heard of the Committee of Public Safety (french version). Its the sign of a good blog where you learn something new every day.

Yuri Orlov said...

Someone knocks on my door without a warrant and wants to search my home gets a "Go F&^%$ yourself with a rake!"

I guess they've never heard of the fourth amendment?