Thursday, May 29, 2008

Another Public/Private Partnership

While leaving my breakfast place this morning, I noticed the following sign in a window:

It offers a $125.00 dollar reward for every working firearm returned to the 14th District Police Station.

That wouldn't be my breakfast place any more, and I'd be sure to let the proprietor know why. I'd be tempted to go there with a large party of fellow gun owners, sit down, and just before ordering, conveniently "notice" the sign, take offense and leave--just so he realized how much money was walking out his door.

I not only personally let foolish business owners who post "No Guns" signs know why they're not getting my business, on substantial purchases I've actually sent them copies of receipts from their competitors--along with a note explaining how they blew the sale.

[Via Less]

5 comments:

opaww said...

I would pay $125.00 for every working legal Glock turned into me.

This could be my own gun buy program. It would be to help get legal guns off the streets and into my hands.

Unknown said...

Are these legal transfers? We better alert BATFU... Maybe one malfuctions too

Anonymous said...

I remember when Reba McEntire came to town. You know Reba: cute all-American redhead spitfire country singer and sometime movie actress ("Tremors," in which she played a hard-core survivalist).
Two concert tickets for every handgun turned in.
I can't see her without remembering that.
You can always get more money, but once a gun is gone...

GunRights4US said...

David, I love the idea of sending copies of a competitor's receipt along with a note! If I ever see any businesses here in north Florida, I will be sure to use that tactic.

Unknown said...

I have said for a long time that gun owners should get together and set up some tables along with a gunsmith outside of a gun "buyback" (how can it be a buy back if the government never owned/sold it?) and offer $25 or $50 dollars more than the "buyback" for good firearms and let the crap be bought by the "buyback". The group could divy up the guns as they see fit. What a great way to build your collection for little money.