Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Disease and the Cure

Officers swept through every home within a half mile of the church.
And held an entire neighborhood hostage, it would seem.

Let's see, criminals hold up two people at gunpoint for a couple minutes, and the solution is to hold up everyone who didn't do it within a half mile radius at gun point for hours? I'm afraid if my elderly parents were behind such a line and I couldn't reach them by phone, I might just end up getting shot in the back. And if I were in my home, the only entry would be on my terms.

Funny thing about hostages. None of them ever seem to be carrying guns.

[Via ChareltonHest]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lockdowns are for PRISONS.

Jake (formerly Riposte3) said...

Just how is it legal in the US to restrict the movement of a law abiding citizen?

Anonymous said...

That's odd, don't you think? Kidnappers searching for robbers.

Make no mistake, they kidnapped everybody inside and unlawfully detained everybody outside their cordon.

I have spent a great deal of time in Idaho. I find it amazing that all those officers got to go home at the end of the day. Those must have been the tame Idahoans.

Anonymous said...

I predict that the cordons will get larger and longer. It's conditioning. They're practicing for avian flu or some other pandemic. Or the rumor thereof.

Sean said...

I wonder if these JBT's had this done to them in their homes how they would view it. Unsayable, Unnameable, sons of this and that.