Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Gun Turn-In Program that Can't...Uh...Can be Beat

"Mayor Thomas Menino is telling these kids to pick up guns and turn them in," she said just before the arraignment. "Is this what's going to happen to them?"

..."They just kept beating him and beating him and beating him," Lewis said. "I only stepped in when he said, 'I can't breathe!' "

...Just after midnight on Sunday, they wrote, officers went to the scene following a tip that someone fitting Rivers's description had a gun.
I'm sorry--I was trying to think up a slogan and thought it might help inspire me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the hoplophobia conditioning has been very successful. I hope that young man learned a lesson: "I don't care if you think this is America and you have rights -- if you have a gun, you should go to jail!" (Rosie O'Donnell and the Several Thousand Mom March). Even if you're trying to help get rid of them.

Anonymous said...

"Mayor Thomas Menino is telling these kids to pick up guns..."

What could possibly go wrong Mr. Mayor?
I mean Eddie Eagle says if you find a gun, do not touch it, go tell an adult.

You do know that what you are telling these kids to do is an unsafe practice? Don't you Mr. Mayor?

me said...

I think recalling the guy would be a good common sense first step...if it saves just one (20 year old) "child"