Tuesday, June 24, 2008

We're the Only Ones Determining Your Need to Live Enough

"The important thing to me is they need to have demonstrated a need," Ms. Hutchens told the newspaper. "That's probably not going to be popular with a lot of people."
I think you're wrong there, Chief. I think most people--at least those in your neck of the woods--have effectively surrendered to the message from the masters on this and would agree with you.

Too bad. It forced me every day when I was in California to make a choice I knew carried life-shattering risks. That's a hell of a thing to do to a man with a family, but it certainly helped strengthen my resolve.

That you think you're "The Only One" with the judgment and moral authority to make that choice for me just demonstrates what an arrogant and perverse offense to Liberty you truly are.

[Via Jeffersonian]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know it strikes me as funny that in an editorial about guns in CA the file photo shown is an obscure German gun of low quality(Rohm RG 89).

It goes to show that to the anti gun writers and editors of many publications guns are all the same, and all bad.

Broad generalizations like that are rarely correct.

Anonymous said...

I've made the choice to carry regardless of any laws, because it's the choice I CAN live to regret (but I doubt I WOULD regret, even sitting in prison after losing job, house and family). The other one has no guarantee of survival beyond any incident brought by any random effer who decides my time has come. THAT is the REAL crime.
Ms. Hutchens has hers; too bad about OURS.

Fletch said...

With our previous sheriff (lying, stealing, scum that he was) obtaining a permit in Orange County was possible.

Not so with Ms. Hutchens. Additionally, she'll be revisiting previously approved permits and "determining" if they were appropriately applied.

Being late to the party, myself, I've been forced to make my decision. I continue to make it every day.

Perhaps, though, this will awaken the pro-CCW in OC that the victory is not in CCWs for them, but CCWs for all.

Fletch said...

er-- I meant to say; "alledged lying, stealing, scum that he was"

There, that's better... >_>