Saturday, August 16, 2008

California Says "Thumbs Up" to Pilot Program

A Sacramento man pleaded guilty Tuesday to possession of ammunition by a felon after buying bullets from a local sporting goods store...

Clark's illegal activity came to light as a result of a pilot program requiring merchants to collect identifying information from people buying ammunition.
There is no evidence he ever harmed another, yet he has no recognized right to defend himself for life. Now the captivity special interests will get another several years' worth of subsidies.

So who's interest is this in? And who would buy their ammo from a place that requires registration and a thumbprint when anonymity is just a few hours' drive away?

This reminds me of a little impolite activism I engaged in several years back. I'm sure some would say it wasn't very effective, but you'd be surprised what a good morale boost can be worth.

[Via Plug Nickel Times]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Apparently it's just a city limits thing (I live here), anonymity is just about 15 minutes away, or in my case, mail-order away (UPS just dropped my 1k of Lithuanian .308 from ammoman.com, doing the Lord's work!