Sunday, August 31, 2008

There's an Email Going Around...

..that says the "Banquet headliner" will be Bob Barr.

I do hope someone will ask him a pertinent question or two.

And I did say I'd probably get back to addressing this.

I've looked at it and don't really see what changes the core facts that:
*Barr supported a far-reaching federal infringement on RKBA, and
*He has avoided directly explaining himself to gun owners--and actually intentionally ignored those concerns--as has the LP.

That a supporter/apologist thinks it would not be smart politics to man up hardly addresses the principle here--and as I've said, if we were interested in the usual politics of avoidance, the two major parties give us plenty of choice. We expect the LP to be different. If they're not, why do we need them?

The irony is, articles like the one on Nolan Chart help spread these concerns farther than the reach of this blog, so hopefully if more Barr defenders involve themselves it'll result in what I've been asking for from day one, which would have made all this arm-waving to get a few simple questions answered unnecessary.

[Via M. Terry]

6 comments:

tjbbpgob said...

I watched Bob Barr on Glen Beck and I don't think this was addressed, which I thought was unusual for Mr. Beck. The scroll at the bottom of the screen stated that BB did back the 2nd Amendment. I thought that was pretty stupid since all this stuff about him and Lautenberg that has been on the net. Someone aught to email or call Glen about this. I will email if I can find out how to get thru or into his website, which so far I've been unable to do.

Anonymous said...

Well, I am planning to attend the GRPC this year as it is here in Phoenix. Perhaps I will be able to ask Mr Barr a pertinent question or two.

David Codrea said...

Best would be if there is open questioning after his speech.

Second best would be with a voice recorder so we could post the question and answer online.

Anonymous said...

This is really worst then is sounds on the cover. The guy was a house of reps member and crossed not only party lines but went to a member of the other party in the other house. Helping this senator write a lock solid to any legal challenge damning gun law and than stick it in a spending bill so no one would find it unless they knew to look. Barr knew that this bill was going to be put in a spending bill at the very last min. just before a bunch of bills would be rushed through.
This is as dirty and low life as a person can get and than not have the balls to act like a man when questioned about his own conduct.
Not only does Bob Barr suck but so does the LP for allowing this farce to move forward.

opaww said...

Most people are for gun rights in words, but not in deeds.

Anonymous said...

An "explanation" doesn't matter: he cannot undo it and he cannot be trusted. I've voted for the LP candidate in every election starting in 1984; not this year.