Friday, August 29, 2008

We're the Only Ones Making History Enough

"He gave me some additional (non-public) information that was enough for me to deny the permit," Pulkrabek wrote in an e-mail circulated this week to other sheriffs. "The rest is history."
Yeah--so the guy shot himself with a rifle.

Nice intercept there.

Let me get this straight: The "Only Ones" get to define my rights based on isolated abuses by the most aberrant among us?

Tell you what, sheriff: You let me worry about me. When it comes to suicide prevention, I'd say you have bigger problems.

[Via Michael G]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No tall buildings on campus, I take it. No car and no vacuum cleaner hose.

"Many states, he said, now give a single state agency ultimate authority to approve permits, a process he believes is less likely to be abused."
Oh, yeah. Centralized EVERYTHING is doubleplusgood, comrade.

Anonymous said...

I guess he couldn't have caused any mayhem with a rifle - is that the proper conclusion here?

I guess only those deadly "Assault Saturday Night Specials" are to be feared by the sheeple. Good thing the only ones never abuse them...

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a female only who tried to get me to admit to any NDs I'd had. Also she was very interested in my JPFO info. I gave her copies, deciding that she might learn something, maybe. Plus there is nothing there damning. Oh, she was in charge of Criminal Investigation for MCSD then. She stepped out of her office a minute and I went up to the 'hidden' video cam and smiled.

Just for the record, I was there getting research for a script lol.

Anonymous said...

"Louisa County Sheriff Curt Braby, the incoming president of the sheriffs association...." - a guy convicted of OWI as a deputy is now going to be the head of an organization lobbying to keep guns out of mere citizens hands. I've known him for years and he fits the "Only Ones" mold. There are other words to describe him, too.