Saturday, August 09, 2008

We're the Only...Sa-ay...Are Those Fruit-Filled...?

The Chicago Sun-Times says a cop in the Windy City was suspended for 15 months after the Police Board heard evidence that she "us[ed] her gun and badge to demand free coffee and pastries from six Starbucks stores on the North Side between 2001 and 2004."
I was telling people who sent me this that it was an old story and I'd already covered it--but that other shakedown took place in Florida.

And I must admit I laughed out loud when I read the last sentence in this story:
Elsewhere in Chicago, another police officer was fired after he admitted having a sex with a rookie's wife inside a local precinct.
Remember: They're not just "Only Ones," they're Chicago "Only Ones." Better than me 'n you in every way.

[Via Zachary G and DJK]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barbara Nevers is the name of the Only One who is involved with the Starbucks story. I invoked Teh Google, and there are 15 stories, including one each from Belgium, Finland, and the french language AP feed.

Not a single one has her photo. Several stock photos of the CPD shoulder patch, a bunch of Starbucks logos and cups, but not a single photograph of the Only One who makes this a news story.

Anonymous said...

Was she the hot cop babe at the armed informed mother's march 5/00? There was this blond pony tailed bicycle patrol officer that I got to smile (or was it smirk?) that fateful Sunday Mother's Day.

LONG LIVE GEORGIA -s-

Anonymous said...

What would happen to one of US if we tried intimidation while armed?

I mention elsewhere that Chicago mayor Daley owes his position to the personality defects of his opponent for state attorney. The man was a sex addict and was involved in two affairs, and dropped out of the race. But for that, we might never have had a tyrant in Chicago. I'd prefer a man who's weak and acknowledges it to one who has visions of domination.