Sunday, September 21, 2008

Almost There, Matt

The common declaration that no one "needs" a handgun infuriates me even more. I can't deny it – it's true. No one needs a handgun, short of the obvious exceptions of police officers, military personnel, and a few select other professionals. I'll grant that right now.

You were doing pretty well there until you got to that part, Matt Gurney.

Do a bit more learning and thinking about why that may not always be so, and you may well turn out to be that "articulate spokesmen" you're hoping for.

7 comments:

Sean said...

Why do people spout off about what other people "need"? I have lots of things I don't need, right now. Including so called experts telling me what I don't need. I have things I need too. Like blood.

Anonymous said...

I'm sick and tired of trying to convince these idiots that we're right. From now on, it's "Take 'em, if you think you have the balls!"

Unknown said...

No one "needs" a private jet or 20,000 square foot house like these hollywood liberals.

Kent McManigal said...

I NEED liberty, sex, food, water, fire, and shelter. Anything else is just icing on the cake. However, tools (including handguns) can help me obtain and protect the things I need.

W W Woodward said...

Matt,

You may not need a handgun on a day to day basis, but if the time comes when you do need one you will need it in a hurry because you will die before you can run out and buy or borrow one.

Anonymous said...

w. w woodward,

I would encourage you to read the actual article. You would find that the author is a handgun owner, and the selected quote, arguably taken out of context, is part of a paragraph ATTACKING those against handgun ownership.

David Codrea said...

Anonymous: I'll argue that the selected quote is not taken out of context.

Care to argue?