Thursday, November 20, 2008

From the Department of Pre-Crime

Fewer than 1% of airline passengers singled out at airports for suspicious behavior are arrested, Transportation Security Administration figures show, raising complaints that too many innocent people are stopped.
True, but you have to admit authoritarian fear tactics are pretty successful at achieving obedience and compliance--at least from the "law-abiding" segment of the population...

And I wonder how many of that "fewer than 1%...arrested" are detained and fined for expressing outrage at arrogance and bullying by authoritarian punks on a power trip?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats my very thought as well David, spot on.
I'm willing to bet real money that these goons piss people off treating them like trash and they say or do something and bingo! The handcuffs come out.
If anyone is in this situation do what I did once and it blows it all apart for them. Be nice and say you have changed your mind about flying and do not want to fly. Ask for your personal property back and if you have checked bags. You need to tell the goons that you need to get back to the ticket window so the bags can be taking off the plane because the bags can not fly without the customer/owner of them not being on the plane.
I had the morons push me around because I'm legally deaf and couldn't hear what they were saying. My wife told them I can't hear. So I just had my limit and said, "I no long want to fly and want to leave the airport". At that point the gig was up. I said give me back my shoes and jacket I'm out of here. Got may bags and left the airport. I was leaving my home town but would have rented a car to go home if I had to. I've never flown again and never will. Screw the airlines, let them go under.

Anonymous said...

I haven't flown either since this bullshit started. I know me well enough to know that when they arrested me, they would have ample reason. I will not tolerate maltreatment by anyone, and I don't complain verbally.

My attitude is this; I will stay away from you for your protection, if you come to me you are not protected.