Friday, November 28, 2008

We're the Only Ones High-Flying Enough

State police and airline ticket agents whisked a Rockland man who claimed he had a gun around TSA security checkpoints at Logan International Airport, putting him on a plane after he flashed a Chatham assistant harbormaster’s badge and claimed he was a federal agent, an FBI affidavit said.
Hey, come on--an assistant harbormaster is kind of like an "Only One." I can see where he'd be exempt where you and I would not be...

And why am I suddenly thinking about Tugger?

[Via Thomas JS]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, in the homeland security hierarchy, an assistant harbormaster must be pretty important, assigning dock space to ships and boats that COULD be carrying terrorist nuclear devices, cargo containers full of Chinese AK-47s as during the Clinton years... Obviously too vital a link in the security infrastruicture to submit to security procedures himself. (sarcasm)
Now, a decorated veteran carrying his Congressional Medal of Honor -- strip-search him.(It actually happened) Those things have a pointy pin that could be used in a highjacking attempt.
If they WANTED to p.o. the peasantry, they could not be doing a better job.

Anonymous said...

I had an airline employee at SFO try to explain to me how it would be "much easier" to take my handgun on my person onto the plane. She would just hand me my loaded gun on the other side of the checkpoint.
I told her I wasn't a police officer several times, but she wouldn't listen. But she said she couldn't seem to find the declaration form, but she had plenty of LEO forms.
I asked to speak to another agent and was able to resolve the issue without a term in club fed.