Saturday, November 22, 2008

We're the Only Ones High-Power Enough

Nearly 100 teens marched outside Chicago police headquarters Thursday night to protest the department's plans to equip officers with semi-automatic rifles, saying the weapons could make the streets more dangerous.

Carrying signs like "Stop the War on Youth," teens said they didn't trust police with the high-powered weapons and worried gangs would be encouraged to bolster their own arsenals.
Arthur McGraw certainly sounds like a boy genius, doesn't he(?), although I agree with him on one point--I don't trust them either. And why does his "Southwest Youth Collaborative" remind me of the Young Communist League, right down to their Lightworkeresque "community organizing"?

I wonder where fellow travelers Jesse and Snuffy were? Well, at least they're leaving John R-i-g-g-i-o alone and going after not just "Only Ones," but Chicago "Only Ones" (who, I confess, I wouldn't mind seeing reduced to billy clubs as an experiment--just to see if there was any behavior modification).

"It'll shoot through brick, car doors."

Yeah, no kidding.

Forget it, Jake, it's Chi-Town.

3 comments:

GUNNY said...

Holy crap! We've been told over and over again that the only reason these "assault" rifles are on the street is to spray thousands of bullets per second to kill innocent people. The only reason these rifles exist is to kill. Where is Sarah Brady when we need her? Why do the cops need these dangerous weapons?

DJK said...

It'll shoot through brick?? I'll need to consult the Box O' Truth guys on that one...

But, car doors?? A .22LR will go through a car door. A Pellet gun can go through a car door. Just don't get in a gunfight in your car.

Anonymous said...

I'm all for a gun buyback right now. I will give CPD $50 for every one of these Assault Weapons of War that have no place on America's atreets (hey their own Lightworker said that) that they turn in to me.