Friday, January 23, 2009

Catch and Release

Accused Boca Raton carjacker arrested 190 times is bipolar... [More]
I don't suppose this give us any indication of...oh, I don't know...why the hell defectives like this are allowed to run free among us? What do I keep saying about this kind of stuff? Those who can't be trusted with a gun can't be trusted without a custodian?

This, of course, is also one of the problems when medical/mental health issues are relegated to the "criminal justice system." Aside from his acts of violent aggression or theft, most of his record appears to be for giving that same system another teat to suckle from.

In any case, enabler Mom doesn't seem to be doing her boy any favors...

[Via Avg Joe]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A rather flaky neighbor I don't know well -- and who has since gone to jail for assaulting a relative - tried to open the passenger door of my car as I was ready to leave for work. He was fortunate the door was locked and I did not feel immediate danger. It would have been a stupid way for him to die. We have had carjackings in nearby neighborhoods. I will not tolerate it. Word gets around once someone trying to "get a lick" gets erased instead.
I know people who are bipolar. medicine can usually keep them functional and out of trouble.
Personally, I think a second arrest for the same actual crime involving an actual victim is when you look at serious alternatives to probation and plea-bargaining. When he kills someone , or is killed, on his 195th adventure, then what? The authorities say "We did everything we could"?