Friday, January 30, 2009

A Certain Outcome for Holder?

The Borgs at the AP tell us resistance is futile, and Eric Holder will be confirmed by the full Senate Monday evening. They say there's nothing we can do, that "the outcome is not in doubt." [More]

Today's Gun Rights Examiner column explains how and why that came about, thanks largely in part to "our side."

I still recommend you keep pestering your senators. If nothing else, we need to train ourselves never to quit.

We also have a new columnist in Austin, Howard Nemerov. Consider that three-and-a-half months ago there was nothing.

As always, I ask you to help us continue to grow by sharing GRE links with your friends, posting to forums... I hope the regulars who find value here here make that a regular practice. In any case, until someone steps forward and gives me a substantial advertising budget, I'm going to keep asking you to.

Check out the latest from other Gun Rights Examiners


1 comment:

tom said...

I just talked to my good senator from Texas' office. You can guess by subcomittee vote as to the fact it isn't KBH. John Cornyn is still FIRMLY AGAINST Holder for AG according to the staff at three of his Texas offices and seems to be willing to do whatever he can to stop it according to some staffers. Time will tell if I got platitudes or truth.

I mentioned a Sullivan style hold on him and nobody argued with me from any of the three offices that that would be a GOOD IDEA and something to pursue.

Wait and see and keep calling and writing.