Friday, January 23, 2009

"For the Children..."

Along with "If it saves one life," that's a common talking point injected into the debate by the gun haters. And since he's following their playbook, naturally Barack Obama is eager to exploit it.

Again, from his and Joe Biden's "Urban Policy" on the official White House website:

"They support... making guns in this country childproof." [More]
Today's Gun Rights Examiner column looks at another angle of attack Obama is using in his assault on our right to keep and bear arms. I also have an update on last night's Lou Dobbs program on David Olofson.

Please continue to spread the word by sharing links to these Examiner column with your gun owner friends, on forums, etc. As of this moment, my column is on top of the world.


Experience tells me such positioning is short-lived. Please help me make this a regular occurrence instead of a rare one.

UPDATE: A front page first for me...



I said when I started this looked like a pretty good idea...

And if this seems like shameless self-promotion, you're damn right it is. Unlike the big boys, I have no advertising team creating publicity and brand awareness, and I put entirely too much effort into this to not throw everything I've got into making it succeed.


Check out the latest from other Gun Rights Examiners:


6 comments:

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

That's great news, but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed at the number 2, 3, and 4 spots in the Top 5 list.

In St. Louis, I routinely stayed on top until yesterday--now I'm getting beaten by "Pet Examiner."

Harry Schell said...

If all guns are child-proofed, at least policicans will be unable to fire them...

Anonymous said...

David, the Examiner logo used to be in color, now it's black and white. Do you know what happened?

Anyway, I'd love to post the logo with the link at my website. Do you have a block of the code to make it happen? If not, I'll try to snitch it on my own. :)

BTW, the logo on this page is linked to a little larger logo, not the page itself.

And congratulations for getting #1.

John Higgins said...

David,

Firstly, you work hard, you've got every right to see rewards. If I can help with that, then it's my pleasure.

Secondly, don't think us readers are doing this for purely selfless motives. The more people read you, the smarter they get about guns and the more liberty we all get.

Do you know roughly how many people you reach as #1? Giving your street team (that'd be us!) numbers to aim for could be a motivator.

Word verification: Auggh. The sound of a gun owner who voted for Obama, coming to his senses.

David Codrea said...

Kurt: It's the pH Factor...

MML--I do know what happened--I redesigned it because Kurt's was prettier than mine, and if there's one thing I insist on, it's being as pretty as Kurt. And yes, graphics in individual posts do not go to other places, just to larger versions of themselves. That's why I include title and "more" links. My sidebar version is a click through that goes to my main Examiner page. You could save that logo and link it to:

http://www.examiner.com/x-1417-Gun-Rights-Examiner

Thanks.

JH: Examiner considers that proprietary--I have no idea what the people directly above or below me have in terms of hits, and they insist on keeping it that way. I don't want to get in trouble by making numbers public--hope you understand. I will say this--it ought to be at least 100 times what it is, which is what I'm striving for, and if we lived in a rational world, the only reason it wouldn't be an order of magnitude larger is because the concept of gun control would be an obscure historical curiosity.

Kurt '45superman' Hofmann said...

. . . and if there's one thing I insist on, it's being as pretty as Kurt.

First Henry Waxman, now you.

I still have a slight edge in most polls over the Elephant Man.