Monday, January 19, 2009

Holder's First Hurdle

Disappointing, considering when they last ran for office, Hatch received an A+ grade from NRA and Martinez was given an A. But aside from a letter criticizing Holder for, among other things, not being a strong enough proponent of federal "Project Exile" gun control provisions, the Association has declined to mobilize its membership to oppose Holder's confirmation, and has even gone one further step, according to RedState.com:
The NRA does not want to hurt their scores. Therefore they’ll make noises in opposition to Holder, but they will not score a vote for Holder to impact legislators’ rankings.
[More]
My advice is to keep swinging. And to remember.

Here's today's Gun Rights Examiner column. It may be seen by some as divisive, which is funny, because what I've been trying to do is unite gun owners to oppose confirmation of the most anti-gun attorney general nominee since Janet Reno.

Tell a friend?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

NRA board is unwilling to change the management gang, especially the exec director for life. Would carry comments direct to board but hdqtrs will not give board member contact info. Not counting 'ayes' for Holder, etc. against clowns like Spector/Hatch is an outrage.

Anonymous said...

Hatch is and always will be a RINO.

Anonymous said...

ahhhh, but David, they only recognize unity advocated when those advocates are on their knees, with heads bowed, and hands chained (voluntarily)behind their backs.

You know how some cannot accept those unlike themselves. I suggest we will never achieve unity with the "prags". I don't know about you, but I can't run backwards that fast.

Anonymous said...

However, Johnny Nichols probably could. He did from me once. However, I think he would stand on this.

It was strange, he scared me, he was bigger, tougher, and I beat him like patting for a dance because he tried to make me surrender my manhood. Didn't work then. but on this I think he would have my back.

No love between us, no brotherhood, except that of fellow Americans of long acquaintance.