Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This Day in History: January 13

I am sorry that I am under the disagreeable necessity of troubling your Lordship with a Letter, almost wholly on the Subject of the cruel Treatment, which our Officers and Men in the naval Department, who are unhappy enough to fall into your hands, receive on board the Prison Ships in the Harbour of New York. Without descending to particulars, I shall ground my complaint upon the matter contained in the inclosed paper, which is an exact Copy of an Account of the usage of the Prisoners, delivered to Congress by a Captain Gamble, lately a Prisoner himself in New York. [More]
I trust all understand I post the history feature every day for a reason...?

I believe it's important we learn from those who have gone before, particularly the hardships they endured, and the sacrifices that were required. This feature's primary purpose is to give us a look into what it takes to win, and what to expect along the way.

And no, I'm not calling special attention to today's post. I just thought I'd take a moment to ask visitors here not to gloss over these entries, to follow the links and perhaps learn something new, or gain a valuable insight by glimpsing into the minds of giants.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I like these posts. Keep them up! :-)

jon said...

i do, and i enjoy these as well.