Friday, January 02, 2009

We're the Only Ones Impressing You Enough

Do you need any more evidence that celebrities have become an unofficial American aristocracy? How about the conscription of an innocent bystander to double for paparazzi bait so that the real deal can slip out of an airport unnoticed by the press? [More]
J.D. Tuccille recounts a story that I'd call unbelievable if I didn't have a long history of being jaded by the "Only Ones" outrage du jour.

Actually, I don't know what's more outrageous--a reported act of impromptu conscription, or the fact that our society is trivial-minded enough to where we even know who this Jamie Lynn Spears person is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wild how war can break out in Gaza and the Yahoo headlines are about Brad and Angelina....

Joel said...

Good for her, for suing over it. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that this is a common occurrence. I'm sure a lot of Angelinos would get a kick out of it, even if offered no choice at the time.

W W Woodward said...

Who is Jamie Lynn Spears?

Better still - Who will she (I assume she's a she) be in a year's time?