Monday, February 02, 2009

Excuse-Making

I'm off to a later than usual start today, and expect posting to be more abbreviated than normal. I'm still recovering from a surgery on Friday, and I'm balancing what I can do with what I think I need to do.

As such, many of you have sent me in news tips that I just won't be able to get to, nor will I probably reply to your email.

I'm not ignoring you and thank you for your understanding.

Thanks also to those who have expressed concern. If you'd like to help, there's two things I can think of:

Hold off on non-essential emails for the balance of this week.

Promote the Examiner columns. They are where I will expend the brunt of my energy.

I know from the weekend it looks like I'm back to posting normally, and I'm sure I'll do more today and in the coming days than I should, but that's just me being thick-necked and not knowing when I'm licked. I expect any minute Sweetie's gonna come in here, lay down the law, grab my ear and put me in my place, which is a big soft leather couch in front of a large screen TV, preferably tuned to something black and white, with cigarette-smoking protagonists and tough-talking dames.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you're going to be laying around on the skin of a murdered cow. You sure know how to bait the folks over at PETA.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me! Make the most of it while you can. :)

Anonymous said...

I expect any minute Sweetie's gonna come in here, lay down the law, grab my ear and put me in my place, which is a big soft leather couch in front of a large screen TV, preferably tuned to something black and white, with cigarette-smoking protagonists and tough-talking dames.
In situations like this I always liked The Quiet Man. Not B/W but still a very good movie. John Wayne, Maureen O'Hara, what's not to like?

Anonymous said...

Do what I always do. Tell her in no uncertain terms that you are the boss and you will do what you damn well please. Of course, I wait until she is out of the room before I say it.

I suggest these tactics may work for you also.

Anonymous said...

David,

Best wishes for a swift and complete recovery.

1894C