Thursday, February 26, 2009

We're the Only Ones Sentenced Enough

Three former Atlanta police officers who each pleaded guilty to a federal conspiracy charge in connection with the death of an elderly woman during a botched drug raid were sentenced Tuesday to federal prison. [More]
I wonder if the sentences would be the same had a non-LEO conspiracy resulted in the shooting death of an "Only One." All things considered, had that been my mother, I believe the sentencing would have been more severe.

Hey, do you think Kathryn Johnston's murder will be counted in the "Plus" column by the Bradys?

[Via Jeffersonian]

4 comments:

Kent McManigal said...

These murdering vermin and their supporters make me sick.

Anonymous said...

Wow. The comments over at Policeone.com are pretty frightening. Like the "we've all broken rules so we should support our "brothers."

I just met a businessman who lives next door to a state police officer. He asked him of he'd round up guns from citizens if he got the order. The officer said: "Of course. I'm three years from retirement. I wouldn't do anything to threaten my retirement."

Typical "us against them" mentality.

I think it was Straight arrow who wrote something to the effect of that any policeman who covers corruption for another, but doesn't actively engage in corruption is corrupt and a co-conspirator.

Nuff said.

Phelps said...

We don't have to wonder. Ryan Frederick got 10 years, and there wasn't even any conspiracy. And that's after the jury acquitted him on actual murder (and convicted on manslaughter.)

Anonymous said...

More and more they leave less and less reason for not killing them.