Sunday, March 22, 2009

Reflecting Poorly

The judge made a great ruling. Guns should be restricted when ever and where ever possible.

Bringing a concealed gun into a national park is simply ridiculous. I do not want some trigger happy yahoo packing a gun into a park where me and my family might be spending time.

The fact that commentators on this site are all for breaking the law reflects poorly on the gun rights movement, and only confirms the suspicion that restrictions on gun ownership is a positive for society. [More]
This is a comment to yesterday's Gun Rights Examiner post from the "Portland Enureti...uh...Progressive Examiner." Talk about a poor reflection. Hey, I don't get to choose who they let say what.

I thought you might want a chance to get your two cents in. I see Straightarrow has gone straight to the heart of the matter, as per his usual inimitable style...:)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The link is giving me trouble. All I am seeing is a main menu.

I want to join the discussion over there so bad right now. More voices on the side of truth and logic, will drive the collectivists back into whatever hidey holes they came out of.

David Codrea said...

Qi Ji Guang--might have been a hiccup--I just tested it and it works from my end.

Anonymous said...

David, I'm having the exact same problem. I only get the header then everything stops. It can't load a few things from Examiner. If I kill the scripts it's trying to load, it kills your article.

I'm anxious to see the responses myself.

ReverendFranz said...

I did think that was a pretty funny comment to be on your page when i read it last night and offered my own opinion above it. It really does get under my skin that judges seem more able to just decree what they feel is "good" rather than follow the law and its processes.

As for the fellow that thinks such repressive decrees are "good," im hoping that he has just never looked in the mirror before, and perhaps if the shoe is on the other foot, it might sink in.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4383-Portland-Progressive-Examiner~y2009m3d1-Oregon-bill-would-outlaw-euthanize-pit-bulls

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think it is too. I can see the entire article now, plus the comments.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Va. Governor Tim "Million Moms" Kaine has isued an edict that concealed gun are the ONLY kind he wants allowed in national parks in Virginia. In the rest of the state, visible carry is legal under state law, though big cities like Norfolk often declare their own illegal laws. When you cross that invisible line, Kaine wants only people with permits to be armed. People who bend the knee to the government's determination of who's worthy to carry concealed. Does that keep out the riffraff, the "trigger-happy yahoos"? Ask any punk on the street. It'll give him a good laugh.
Did the killer killed in a shootout with police on Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah National Park have a permit?

Vinnie said...

this same guy said:
"However, gun owners want to circumvent the judicial process via legislation." at http://www.examiner.com/x-4383-Portland-Progressive-Examiner~y2009m3d12-Should-a-concealed-weapons-permit-be-private
Uuummm.......well.....Ok. I believe that the converse of that statement is actually true though.

However, gun grabbers want to circumvent the legislative process via judicial activism. (close enough)