Wednesday, May 27, 2009

There Will Be Blood Part Two

I just wanted to make a follow-up statement to yesterday's post.

I'm going in on June 1 to donate blood. I have the type they give to newborns. I do this regularly. I have for decades.

I freely and happily give it. As I do with other contributions I make to other efforts and causes that are important to me. Just nobody make the mistake of presuming you can take it, that it can be done not only without my consent but against my will.

Isn't it amazing that we even have to fight these battles? Honest to God, everyone I call friend is a salt of the earth person who would give you the shirt off his back. It just does not seem that difficult to be that way.

What the hell is wrong with the type that needs to control and take from others? Why do they act as if everything--our property, our rights, our very life's blood is theirs to take?

2 comments:

straightarrow said...

Because they can. They are sociopaths and have no inner mechanisms to ameliorate their predatory tendencies. They will continue to do so, until they discover that they can't, at least, not without dire and immediate consequences.

Dire and immediate are the key words, because they do not fear the societal and judicial mechanisms that the normal citizen abides, simply because they know the sociopaths who sent them have granted them immunity from the tenets of civilized society that the normal among us observe.

Until such time as it becomes consistently too dangerous for them to do so at the time and place of their predations, the predations will continue. That is what sociopaths do.

Stephen said...

I will continue to give.... until it's required. Then I will stop.