Friday, May 29, 2009

We're the Only Ones Simply Making a Mistake Enough

Accomack County Sheriff Larry Giddens says Deputy Jason Campbell was simply caught on tape making a mistake. He tells WAVY.com the young officer wasn't responding to a call and shouldn't have been speeding. The sheriff says Campbell has been disciplined. He wouldn't tell us Deputy Campbell's punishment. [More]
I'm sorry, but where I come from, a mistake is forgetting to carry the two. I just don't believe in honoring willfully bad behavior by dismissing it as an error.

Here's the uncut video of the chase in question. Be warned there is plenty of graphic language.

I sure wouldn't do this but I won't go so far as to dismiss this guy as nuts, like some are doing. If nothing else, he sure has guts.

Maybe the problem is most of us are too "sensible"...

[Via Cousin G]

2 comments:

bob r said...

I like how the deputy asks him "what did I do to you?". Many is the time I've wondered that exact same thing when an "only one" decided it was time to "interact" with _me_.

But the kid _is_ nuts. One day he'll get someone who won't mind a bit beating him senseless and taking his camera while leaving him laying by the roadside.

Defender said...

A 20-minute "mistake" during which anything could have come bumbling out from a side road into the deputy's path. That's some mistake. A "careless and reckless" moving violation, if it were you or me.
Reminds me for some reason of the NY and NJ cops headed home after "helping" in New Orleans after Katrina, speeding north with lights and siren at 90 miles an hour. Because they could.