Monday, May 18, 2009

We're the Pseudo-Only Ones with a Professional Attitude Enough

In one such letter, a Sheriff's Department captain complained that MTA Officer Miguel De La Cruz had attacked a "near comatose and intoxicated" man without provocation at a downtown subway station. The Sheriff's Department sent its findings to prosecutors, who filed criminal charges against De La Cruz. Last month, a jury convicted him of battery, false imprisonment and filing a false report. He was sentenced to 90 days in jail and was fired by the MTA. [More]
Ah, come on. It was just a "distraction blow." Heck, we teach those at the Academy...

The guy sounds like perfect "Only Ones" material, especially with the way he made sure his victim was pretty much helpless to fight back.

[Via Rodger M]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Distraction blow', sure, when I'm laid out cold I guess I'm pretty well distracted...sucker punch might be a better term of art.

straightarrow said...

But isn't it refreshing to see a Sheriff's deputy bein the complaining party to abuse by a LEO? Maybe some of them are regrowing balls.

straightarrow said...

oops, spoke too soon. Should have read the article first. Just a case of thug jealousy evidently.

More of a "Hey choking that man is supposed to be my treat." kind of thing.

straightarrow said...

What can I say to make amends? I was just so happy to see what I thought was an honest and moral cop that I lost it for a minute there.