Wednesday, June 17, 2009

KABA in Need of Funds

URGENT FUNDRAISING APPEAL - NEED TO RAISE $9,870.00 FOR OPERATING FUNDS - PLEASE HELP [More]
I'll add my voice to Vanderboegh's.

I'm not on board with them on everything, including on the best approach at times, and I've had my share of disagreements with Alan Gottlieb over the years. I'm sure I will continue to.

But I think KABA offers a necessary service and is a valuable gathering place.

And yeah, I'm aware they've recently begun registration and realize many don't like it--by the same token, the amount of thread hijacking has greatly decreased, so hopefully some of the newslinks are actually being read instead of having off-topic squabbles started that have nothing to do with what the discussion is supposed to be about...

Regulars here know I never ask for money for myself. So take that for what it's worth.

I have an affection for the site, having worked on many projects hosted there during Angel's tenure. I'd hate to see it become another profile in apathy.

5 comments:

jon said...

"in all affairs it is a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted." bertrand russell.

perhaps there is both a cheaper and more effective way for the KABA community to operate online?

Anonymous said...

Broke and filing for bankruptcy, but sending in my $20.
C'mon guys, step up.
Whatever happened to the fire in the belly that lies behind the quote "For the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor."???
How often do you get a chance to support the 1st and 2nd amendments at the same time?

MamaLiberty said...

There are many options to support our human rights. I've simply never found KABA to be one I would choose.

If they collect from the rest of you, they should seriously consider a total makeover of their web site. That one is absolutely horrible. sigh

They could also set up some valid contact information besides the donation buttons. Arggg

TJP said...

Will do, boss. Tomorrow is payday.

1894C said...

Alan does a fine job.

I sent my $

1894C