Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We're the Only Ones on Probation Enough

Chicago cop who beat bartender gets probation

'I have a fear of the police,' beating victim now says [More]
Figures:
[A]Cook County judge let the suspended cop walk out of court Tuesday with...no time behind bars for his attack on her.
I do disagree with the victim about one thing:
She says it's not quite rational to fear the police...
Sorry, but under the circumstances, as long as the "Only Ones" have no reason to fear us, either "legal" or otherwise, that's a perfectly rational reaction to have.

Here's one other outrage, from Circuit Judge John Fleming:
"If I believed sending Anthony Abbate to prison would stop people from getting drunk and hitting other people, I'd sentence him to the maximum...But I don't believe that is the case."
It's not a question of stopping "people". It's a question of stopping Anthony Abbatte.

Of course Fleming knows that. He's just shown us where his loyalties lie.

Forget it Jake. It's Chi-Town.

4 comments:

Divemedic said...

If I believed that throwing John Dillinger in prison would stop people from robbing banks...

If I believed that throwing Jeffery Dahmer in prison would stop people from killing and eating people...

If I believed that actually filing charges against Daniel Martin would prevent cops from battering and choking paramedics...

Oooooh- this is fun, I can do this all day.

Anonymous said...

May we have home addresses for Attila Abbate and f387tard Fleming? Just for letters of support of course....

Firehand said...

I looked over at Second City Cop; he says the guy should have been fired before for other crap he pulled, should have been fired for this, it's the political atmosphere that kept it from happening so don't crap on the hard-working cops.

I agree. With one exception: how much you want to bet that some of those cops knew when he did the crap but refused to turn him in on it? There's usually some of that in the past.

Anonymous said...

This a**h*le needs to be fired and imprisoned. He's a disgrace to the uniform!!!