Friday, July 31, 2009

Forget "Aspiring Rapper." How About "Aspiring Citizen?"

Under Florida law, it's illegal to threaten harm against any public servant. [More]
I thought it was pretty much illegal anywhere to actually threaten anyone. So now anyone who is a "public servant" is also an "Only One" in this regard, with special immunities not afforded you and me?

And you'll note they can still threaten us?

Not that I'm particularly sympathetic to rappers, "aspiring" or otherwise, but I didn't see from this exactly who he threatened.

Got lyrics?

Because if it's just a generality and you can't say political traitors deserve to be hanged from lampposts, well, some of us might also say anyone attempting to enforce that will deserve whatever resistance they get.

That's actionable?

I wonder if they also prosecuted Warner Bros. Records, or if they just pick on people who don't have the means to fight back?

[Via Ed M]

No comments: