Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Pleasestopgunviolence.com?

I got a spam email from a site that calls itself--depending on how you access it-- pleasestopgunviolence.com or firearmsfax.com. [More]

As near as I can figure, they want you to pay them to register your guns. That way, you can volunteer to do what some of us have been fighting having forced on us. Or something.

Their "About Us" tab doesn't really tell us much. I did a "Who Is" lookup, and the site is registered to one Frank Sciarra, who I've never heard of as being anyone of significant achievement in the ongoing RKBA struggle. True, they have forums where gun rights are discussed, so I don't want to cast unwarranted suspicion on their efforts.

Thing is, their visitor stats at this writing say:
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 9 on Tue May 12, 2009 6:42 pm
Based on that, I'd assess this as nothing to get excited about, but certainly also nothing I'd be interested in signing up for. I keep my own secured records of what I own.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

David,
I understand why you don't want to register yours having two young sons and wife and all.

I on the other hand relish the opportunity to tell the FEDGOV what I have and give them the invitation to "Come and take them"

I think we should all register them, let them know just how daunting of a task it really is.

PS: My laconic response is in reference to a conversation you and I had over email about 4473's reverting to the ATF after a FFL goes out of business. As the majority of my firearm transactions happened at one dealer, I know they already have a clear picture as to my capabilities.

Anonymous said...

Instead of paying this site, keep a 3 x 4 inch index card (or two or three) with descriptions and serial numbers in your safety depost box, along with a DVD video record, of what you own.

Anonymous said...

Why would we try to stop something that dosn't exist? I have heard, during my 65 years on this earth from many media sources about "gun violence" and after researching further have found in every instance that the truth was a case of violence by an individual who used a gun as the tool to accomplish his/her goal to commit a violent act.