Thursday, July 23, 2009

We're the Only Ones "For the Children" Enough

A sheriff's deputy zapped three children with a stun gun at an Illinois emergency youth shelter, threatening to sodomize one of them before choking a fourth child and throwing her in a closet, according to a federal civil-rights lawsuit. [More]
But wait:
No charges have been filed in the case. Sheriff Roger Mulch, who also is named in the lawsuit, said Monday the deputies followed protocol and did "nothing out of the ordinary."
Of course they did. And of course they didn't.

[Via JPR9]

6 comments:

idahobob said...

This one is so far over the top, that it is impossible to make a logical, well thought out response.

The only one that I have is visceral and not fit for publishing.

Bob
III

Kevin said...

Judging by officer behavior documented here daily, the sheriff's right - they didn't do anything out of the ordinary.

Kent McManigal said...

And since that behavior has become "ordinary" they have shown themselves to be worse than any other gang.

straightarrow said...

I would be very interested to know if any evidence of children's stories was gathered at the time, by anybody. Photographs of burn marks, bruises on necks, etc.
I must admit it sounds just like what we have come to expect of cops with an advantage, but I would feel better about believing this if there were evidence or witnesses beyond those involved in the lawsuit.

I don't particularly trust them any more than I do cops' investigations into the actions of other cops.

Until I know more, I am not going to get too upset. There is enough of this out there that has been proven to keep me upset.

Longbow said...

Well, come one now...don't you think the Police ought to know...when sodomy is called for?

Anonymous said...

I love the distinction between tazing and assault implied in the article.