Friday, July 10, 2009

We're the Only Ones Valorous Enough

I guess that was why Sheriff Lee Baca bestowed the Medal of Valor on me; certainly, it accounts for the numerous other awards and commendations during my tenure with the department. [More]
That's funny--we were just talking about medals and awards.

I get taken to task in comments by the guy who longed for the good old days when cops could administer "street justice."

I had to use Google cache to link to the words he says I misunderstood, because the original page link keeps producing run time errors. Oh well, I'm sure it's just a temporary oversight, but just in case, grab the cache link while it works.

And as for "blowhard," hey, it was the OIR attorney I spoke with who used the term "puffery."

3 comments:

idahobob said...

Well, that blowhard said that"these are our domestic Vietnams.

Hmmmmm.....Another evidence that the JBT's believe that they are at war with us, John Q Public.

O.K.

Bob
III

Douglas Hester said...

"While the comments made by the author of the artice are certainly inappropriate"

Mr. Gennaco, the head of the Office of Independent Review, agrees with YOU and not Mr. Scoville, something that the esteemed columnist should think long and hard about before he keeps digging himself in deeper.

David Codrea said...

Feel free to make that point at Examiner.com...