Monday, September 28, 2009

The Chronicle of Advanced Cranial-Rectal Insertion

In both settings, there is no shortage of guns, although in North Philadelphia's Badlands or Chicago's South Side those guns might be concealed and illegal, while in small towns guns hang on display in polished oak cabinets in the sitting room. Residents of rural America are more likely to be poor and uninsured than their counterparts in metropolitan areas, typically earning 80 percent what suburban and urban workers do. [More]
See, the aig-haids figger we'uns is too turnip truck dumb to catch that little sleight-of-mind scam they just pulled--comparing rural citizens to the urban criminal underclass when it comes to guns, and then suddenly switching the terms of the argument to a different comparative demographic altogether.

You'll have to excuse me for a moment--I twisted so hard trying to keep up with that sudden turn I skinned my dang knuckles on the ground.

[Via JokersWild]

5 comments:

Sean said...

Guy wants it both ways, with both groups, and both of them disarmed. Kids leave the small towns because the TV tells them that the only thing that matters in life is lots of money. Make lots of money, get high all the time, have fun, the Meaning of Life, courtesy of Hollywood. I ain't agin money, or lots of it. But there's a reason that Fella said, The LOVE of money is the root of all evil. My wife and I make 25% of the median income in this town, have 3 kids. Our home costs less than 30% of the average home here. And we are happier than hogs in shit. And although well armed, none of our guns are in well-polished oak cabinets. That kind of thing is just pride. We don't do pride. We love each other.

jon said...

a-hyuck them.

"What can be done to plug the brain drain?"

close the department of education. replace it with nothing.

Kent McManigal said...

Some of my guns hang on the wall cuz they's purty. Some of them hang on my body cuz they's useful.

straightarrow said...

I am really rural, just go to town once in a while to spend my butter and egg money.

But I am smart enough to not speak of that of which I know nothing. Am I ever glad that I am not "educated" enough to forego that exercise in self discipline or the practice such hubris that I would think my opinion based in ignorance and logic disconnect should receive the same aura of validity that do really valid opinions.

Education is a good thing "education" as we practice in our society today is just training. Which is what you do when you teach your dog a trick, or your cat to quit shitting on the floor. Too bad we can't train these morons who write such crap from shitting on the floor.

MamaLiberty said...

Let's see... 100+ years of government indoctrination and "planning." So the cure for the disease this produced is more "education" and planning?

Where'd you hang the barf bags, David?