Thursday, September 03, 2009

Police Group Lauds Citizen Militia, Right to Purchase Guns 'Without Restriction'

It's an excerpt from the Law Enforcement Digest titled "Firearms Control in the United States: The Position of The National Police Officers Association of America."

...I copied it from the September 1959 issue of Guns Magazine, the publication that hosts my monthly "Rights Watch" column. I've written before about how each month they post on their website the corresponding issue from 50 years ago, and how it always provides interesting insights from another time--insights that often help us understand how we got to where we are today. [More]
Today's Gun Rights Examiner column takes us back in time to see how attitudes have changed.

Also get the latest from my fellow GREs.

Tell a friend?

4 comments:

Santander said...

I was going to ask you how we might have gotten "from there to here".
I was under the impression that the majority of LEO nowadays does favor the Brady's style of gun-control. Of course, our idea of GC is getting tight groups. :-)

Anyway, I found this. It looks like, at least according to the Law Enforcement Alliance of America, law enforcement around the country is not in favor of gun control.

http://www.leaa.org/Cops%20Versus%20Gun%20Control/copsversusguncon.html

I guess that the problem is that the big city police chiefs get more mic & tube time with the media.

Tony

David Codrea said...

Thing about LEAA, and I became a life member many years ago, is they pushed (along with NRA) for HR 218 nationwide concealed carry for cops and LEO retirees. I oppose "Only One" advantages codified into law because it's unfair to the rest of us. I think they absolutely have the right to carry, but so the hell do I.

Mack said...

The so-called 'Progressives' (Marxists) all hate the 1950's.

Easy to see why.

One said...

Santander:

No most law enforcement does not favor "Brady" style gun control (at least not here in Texas). Many LEOS have gun collections that go beyond whatever their Dept/Agency may have issued them.

No, I can't figure out why they acted the way they did in New Orleans either.