Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Someone Needs to Pay for This!

Man shot inside home sues his gated community [More]
I understand the gate may have been broken. But how easy is it to get over or around most gates? Anybody who thinks that's all you need to guarantee safety is ignorant and negligent. You shouldn't expect others to pay for that.

I'm having a tough time sympathizing here. There's no gate around my house. But there is a conviction that friends should be met at the door with open arms--and enemies with loaded ones.

[Via Mama Liberty]

4 comments:

Sean said...

He already did pay for it. Armed self defense works. Gates, alarms, dogs, locks, they're just tripwires to let you know it's time to use lethal force, and PROTECT YOUSELF.

Tangalor said...

Like my former Marine step-father always says: "The only thing a lock does is keep an honest man honest"

What about a thief? That's why they have bolt cutters.

Gates and fences are nothing more than a false sense of security; BUT, when they're to be used to secure a facility, for, say, the military, there are always armed guards nearby. It is a foolish deathwish to think that the gate and fence (as well as house doors, windows, and walls) alone secures you and yours from ne'er-do-wells.

Peter said...

I live in a 55+ gated community in Florida. I'm by at least 5 years the youngest here, and about 25 years younger than the average.

Everyone else thinks that because they can no longer push through the shrubbery that it makes them secure. I'm not so trusting, so I keep rifle and pistol close at hand at all times.

straightarrow said...

Sean beat me to it. Somebody is paying for his irresponsibility. He is.