Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Terrorpunk

My band is called “terrorists” by democraticunderground.com [More]
What, the cybercommies don't really support free speech?

They run like little informants to the polizei?

Huh. I didn't hear an actionable threat.

Incidentally, I owe Michael Dean a book review. It's just that I had other books in the queue, like this one, and wanted to submit them to the magazine, which has lead times of months.

Which also explains why you haven't heard much from me on Matt Bracken's latest.

I expect to remedy both obligations in the next few days--although it won't appear in print for a while, I intend to say something about all three of these books after I submit them to the mag.

Did I mention words like "excellent" and "you owe it to yourself to read all of these"?

2 comments:

jon said...

i gotta say: that's some really, really bad music.

and, for my part, government is only what God gave us. statism is the collective illusion, and it is one shared among schizophrenic yahoos whom go around doing their best to behave like they think government should be. only God can have this perfect knowledge. maybe he'll take that up with me some other time.

democraticunderground.com pretty much owns their collective stupidity and may do as they see fit -- nobody forces this guy to do his promotion there, or anywhere, really. i couldn't call it a free speech issue because that calls to mind the idea that some kind of legal intervention. but are they a bunch of authoritarian pricks who can't stand a dissenting opinion? you betcha. not surprised to see that.

Tom said...

Not a big fan of punk in general, but the DU "reasoned discourse" and nuking/banning is as childish as Obomba's plans and policies.