Thursday, September 10, 2009

We're the Only Ones Bringing Up the Rear Enough Redux

We talked about the cop charged with rear-ending a car/DUI here.

A GeorgiaPacking forum poster says the guy really is an "Only One."

Here's the initial post. Follow the thread for more info:
[T]his is one of the officers that decided to felony stop my wife, my father in law and myself for legally carrying a handgun.
You can read his account of the incident here. What sterling professionals. How to win friends and influence people.

Per Atlanta Gun Rights Examiner Ed Stone, via email:
The felony stop was committed against them because he was, legally, carrying a pistol in a belt holster. He was ordered to his knees at gunpoint! He reports in a later post how the officer's gun was shaking as it was pointing at his head.
Perhaps the Gwinnett County Police could use some encouragement right now on how they could improve public perceptions...

2 comments:

Kevin Wilmeth said...

Dang, I hate it when my blood gets hotter than the morning coffee.

Impressive restraint, and a nice style point for "Aye aye, sir". (I've always figured I'd use "Yessuh, massa" myself as it seems appropriate on so many levels, but it's probably really hard to remember pithy sayings at such a time.)

Keep squeezing, guys. You may well get what you so desperately seem to want. Just possibly, you might get even more.

Chris K. said...

I am reminded of one of my favorite sayings.
"99% of police give the rest a bad name"

I think it might behoove them to treat nominally law abiding citizens better. As when they need help, which they eventually will we might be inclined to say "NO"