Wednesday, September 02, 2009

We're the Only Ones "Forgive Us Our Trespasses" Enough

Discipline cases against dozens of San Francisco police officers would be dismissed under an amnesty program proposed by Chief George Gascón...

Those cases, he said, include charges such as use of inappropriate language, being discourteous, failing to properly fill out a police report or a first-time misdemeanor drunken-driving arrest. [More]
What better way to foster a culture that respects citizen rights, discourages the "Us vs Them" mentality, minimizes general barrel spoilage from the few "bad apples," and generally promotes respect for appropriate rules of conduct and the law? That's right, exempt San Francisco "Only Ones" from consequences!

Hey, I wonder if I drive drunk in Frisco if they'll give me amnesty?

I'd ask, but I remember what happened last time I asked "authorities" there if I could also disregard laws I oppose...

[Via Michael]

No comments: