Tuesday, September 01, 2009

We're the Only Ones Probationary Enough

A Chandler homicide detective who was arrested on suspicion of assaulting his wife has agreed to 36 months of probation and substance-abuse counseling in a deferred prosecution deal in Gilbert Municipal Court on Friday.

If Brett Lockwood, 35, completes the terms of his probation he will not be prosecuted on the misdemeanor assault charge. [More]
Plus it says this "Only One" lied to investigators.

Hey, I'll bet you or I would have been given the same deal under these circumstances, don't you think? I mean, no Lautenberg lifetime ban or anything...?

[Via Doug H]

1 comment:

straightarrow said...

Am I the only one with a memory? When Lautenberg was first proposed, amendments to it were designed to indemnify law enforcement and military personnel. Ergo, we can assume this bullshit is in keeping with the "spirit" of Lautenberg.

You know, "set assholes on everybody else, but protect the assholes that carry out our orders"+ kind of thing. Let's face it ,protection of assholes is the only logical explanation for the continued existence of Frank Lautenberg.

On a second note, I asked my wife if I cheated on her then beat the Hell out of her when she found out would she be alright with the 4" up each other's ass this cop and judge were if I could work the same deal. She said "no problem, the hole we bury you in will just have to accomodate two."